Tuesday 9 October 2018

Tunes (and Troubles) by KC Enders

What’s more cliché than falling for a guy in a band or pining for the one who got away? Find out in TUNES by KC Enders, a Beekman Hills novel where a no-strings spring break fling turns into something more for Gracyn George and rocker Gavin Keller. Fans of A.L. Jackson’s STAY, DRUMLINE by Stacy Kestwick, and authors Jiffy Kate & Winter Renshaw will love this spicy and angsty second-chance romance.

Title:  Tunes
Author: KC Enders
Release Date: October 1, 2018
Publisher: Self-published
Series: Beekman Hills #2
Genres: New Adult Romance
Word Count: 73K
Format: Paperback & digital

Synopsis:

What’s more cliché than falling for a guy in a band?

A no-strings fling is all it was meant to be for Gracyn George. Sun, sand, sex, and then move on. That was before he strummed his way into her life. Each note leaving a tingle in her spine, their lasting melodies burned into her memory.
What’s more cliché than pining for the one who got away?

Gavin Keller has sacrificed far too much to chase after the girl who snuck out in the middle of the night and left him wondering, What if …

No matter how high his star rises or how many sold-out shows he plays, he ends each concert scanning the audience for her.

What was supposed to be temporary becomes a longing neither is willing to let go. After months of trying to move on, can they sync the tunes in their hearts?

Available on Amazon and FREE in Kindle Unlimited!


Add to Goodreads → http://bit.ly/2oBSoX9


Review:

If Murphy applied his law to a relationship, this would be the result. This is a story of missed connections and misunderstandings, of two people who shouldn't have met but who somehow keep finding their way back to each other. Overall I found this a cute story, especially the first half. The second half I felt was too bogged down by angst and distrust.

I especially wish that *some people* would face actual consequences for their actions. Even in the #metoo age, I understand why Gracyn might not report blatant sexual harassment (even though the repercussions of not reporting drive a large part of the plot), but the harasser seemed to get off pretty much scot-free. I know this is similar to what happens in reality, but this is fiction dammit and I want vindication!

Also, warning for a downer ending. It was bittersweet to the extreme, but I felt it was over-foreshadowed and under-developed. It could've had more impact is all I'm saying.

Three stars

I received an ARC from Barclay Publicity; all opinions are my own.

I also received book 1 - Troubles - these books stand alone, but what starts in Troubles, ends in Tunes, and once I read Troubles I absolutely had to know how Gracyn's story ended.

Troubles is what I'd call your standard romance - two people with their own problems, they meet and fall in love, but past experiences get in the way. It's a decent read, but I found it a tad predictable and the leads unmemorable, if nice enough. I loved how Aiden helped Lis study but I would've liked to get a better feel for him as a character.

No comments:

Post a Comment