Tuesday 11 August 2020

Warping Minds and Other Misdemeanors by Annette Marie

Some time this year, I stumbled across Annette Marie. The audiobooks of her Guild Codex novels got me through many an evening in lockdown. They're all about relatable, likeable characters caught up in a world of magic and danger. I have now caught up and eagerly await each new release.

Also, her release schedule is incredible. They're almost one a month at the moment, though September is release-free and October has two series finales to make up for it. Her books are funny, engaging, and extremely entertaining. Not only that, but she sets up situations that leave me on edge but never lets my fears come to pass - I'm not sure exactly what I'm dreading, second-hand humiliation perhaps, but it doesn't happen. It's wonderful.

Her latest Guild Codex book is the first in a new subseries - Warped - and her first with a co-writer. Despite many other books to read and review, I couldn't resist picking this one up.

If you’re looking at this, odds are that you've read other Guild Codex books. If you have, you'll love another side to the mythic world and how it fits into the stories we've already seen (after Three Mages, if you're wondering)

If you haven't read the other series, this is a great place to start, as Kit is an engaging and sympathetic POV with a lot to learn. You will encounter minor spoilers for Three Mages and a Margarita (Spellbound #1) but nothing too serious.

I really enjoyed this book and I think you will too! Can't wait to see what Kit does next...


No comments:

Post a Comment