Saturday 8 September 2018

Catch Him if You Can by Jennifer Shirk

Two weeks ago, I posted about this book, but due to administrative troubles, was not able to review it in time for my post. However, I finally had some time this morning, so here goes...

This is such a cute book.

It's a clean friends-to-lovers fake romance, with animals and weddings and unabashed love of the colour pink. It's cosy and happy and filled with good people who do nice things.

It's the story of Arden, a wedding planner who has been gun shy since her own fiance left her at the altar, but who needs a new fiance to shore up her struggling business. It's also the story of Wade, widowed young and heartily sick of their small town playing matchmaker.

If any of the above appeals to you, pick up this book and snuggle in.

My only complaint is that it felt like there were bits of plot that were left hanging that could've been chopped to give me more cute animals and job-based characterisation.

Four and a half pink stars

I received an ARC from Barclay Publicity, but my opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment